In the late 18th Century, land owner Richard Page sought the advice of Humphry Repton who was employed at Wembley Park. Remnants of his scheme survive such as the belt of trees running down from the hilltop and crossing Brampton Grove and Basing Hill. The area was saved from development, firstly in 1927 when 50 acres of wood and hilltop were conveyed to Wembley UDC for Barn Hill Open Space. Then, after Fryent Way opened in 1935, Middlesex County Council compulsorily purchased what was largely farmland to keep it public open space. Brampton Grove and Basinghill were saved again from the developers - Wimpey with local groups and historic researchers who fought to protect these open spaces that have become woodland havens for bio-diversity and therefore wildlife. A bat survey is pending with hedgehog counts, slow worm and newt identification. Barnhill has a slow worm population that are protected from being killed by loss of habitat.
The organisation with legal responsibility for Basing Hill and Brampton Grove is Brent Council. Their website for the park is
Basing Hill and Brampton Grove is managed and maintained by Brent Parks
Do you see any mistakes or problems on this page? If so please let us know here