Social Media Volunteer Role
At CPRE London we are passionate about promoting the importance and benefits of developing a greener London with links to the surrounding countryside.
We’re looking for a volunteer with experience in managing social media channels for professional or personal use and who shares a similar passion for environmental issues to manage the social media for our GoParksLondon programme.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to be involved with a dynamic organisation that is protecting London’s green spaces and championing efforts to enhance it’s environmental, recreational, and cultural qualities for more people to enjoy.
Our GoParks social media channels are a key part in bringing our work to a wider audience and attracting new people to get the physical and mental health benefits of spending more time in London’s green spaces and to get hands on with green volunteering.
You will be able to use your experience and energy to the full as we develop ways of engaging new supporters as donors, volunteers, and campaigners - and inspire new audiences to be part of our movement.
The role is accountable to our GoParks programme lead, Laura Collins. It is home-based with occasional attendance at meetings at the office in Farringdon. We hope that you will be able to contribute 4 hours each week to suit your availability. Our team will provide you with training and support to develop in your role.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Using your creative flair to make our social media presence appealing and engaging
- Helping to create a forward plan of themes and campaigns for our social media platforms
- Drafting content for the social media platforms based on our campaign calendar
- Promoting and encouraging engagement with our social media posts
- Reviewing our social media analytics to identify opportunities for improving the effectiveness of our social media activities.
Skills / Experience
- Some previous experience of using social media scheduling tools
- An interest in the countryside and environmental issues
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good written and communication skills
- Happy carrying out tasks independently and as part of a team
- Have access to a computer and the internet at home
Benefits of the role
- The use of your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive difference to making London a greener city
- The opportunity to meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team
- Our support to help you develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training
- The opportunity to enhance your CV by developing additional new skills and gaining valuable experience
- The opportunity to become involved with events and workshops on a local and national level
- We will provide a reference for any future work or volunteering
- We provide out-of-pocket travel expenses
How to apply
Applications should be made by submitting a letter explaining how you believe you could use your skills to help CPRE London in working for a greener city that benefits everyone who lives or works there. Please also include a CV.
Closing date for applications: 15 February 2023. However, we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline in order to secure the support of a suitable candidate – so please send your letter and CV as soon as possible. Please email [email protected] with any questions or to apply.